Saturday, January 31, 2009

Losing Weight and On the Road

I continue to lose weight at a very rapid pace but truthfully, I don't feel any different. My clothes are much larger and the scales say that I have lost around 30lbs but I don't feel like it. Also, I weigh around 235 lbs right now and started out at around 268. I am concerned that I am going to continue to lose weight and get below what I am trying to get too. It is coming off rapidly.

Today was really rough, I have felt extremely weak all day. It has been a strange day. I am thinking that my sleep apnea is starting up again. I have not been wearing the CPAP mask, so that could be it.

Meals continue to be a real challenge. I am able to eat most foods now but you have to eat really slow. If the texture of the food is wrong or you eat too fast, up it comes. It is a gut wrenching pain and it does not let up. I can't really describe it. Kinda like getting punched from the inside. You can also feel the food when it gets stuck. That hurts too. The bottom line is, eat slow. If you go out to eat, order soup. That is the easiest thing to eat. At least through the first 4 weeks.

I am coming to terms with the whole thing and feel better about the surgery. I had some challenges with that early on in the process. You need to prepare for those psychological issues, it will come. This is not reversible and that hits home in the first few weeks.

Had to travel on the road for my job last week. I got in Thursday night and was completely exhausted. I had horrible stomach problems during my trip. I didn't eat a lot, mostly just soup. I wasn't physically ready to go on this trip but my company needed me to go. So I went.

I am not due to see Dr Clements for another few weeks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't worry - you will notice the process of losing it and definetely will feel it! I had totally the same story when I was taking adipex diet pills.