Monday, January 12, 2009

Surgery and the First Day

I had to be at the hospital at 5am that morning. The intake process went really smooth and before long I was in a bed in the pre-surgery area. They assigned me a nurse and he proceeded to try and start an IV. It took him 5 times before he gave up and called another nurse. They finally called my wife back and the wait began for the trip to the OR.

I was nervous and still highly doubtful on whether I should even do this surgery.

Anyways, before long they called me and I was wheeled into an OR and moved to a small table. They gave me some drugs for anxiety. I was joking with the people in the room and then I was out.

Then, I woke up in the recovery room. Surgery was done. The moment that I came back to reality was the absolute most pain that I have ever felt. I thought that I was going to die. It was excruciating and overwhelming. They gave me morphine, it didn't really help. I was in the recovery room for over 9 hours and it still feels like 15 minutes. It was definitely beyond what I was prepared for.

The regrets then came in on my like torrents. I kept saying over and over "Oh my god, what have I done."

They finally moved me to a room and the hours began to creep by slowly. It was essentially measured by the number of minutes before the next morphine injection.

I have a lot to write on this first few days, so I will break it into several post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope your weight loss surgery made you happier!
______
My blog: http://www.shoppharmacycounter.com/t-Adipex-Medicine.aspx