Friday, February 6, 2009

Slowly Back to Normal

Over the past few days, I have started to feel much closer to normal. I am able to eat many of the foods that I could before the gastric bypass. I still can't sit down and have a meal with the family but I am getting there. I am finding that I tend to eat all day, constantly. Small amounts but eating anyways.

I don't know how much I have lost. I purposefully do not have a scale, since I went into this to help with my other issues (sleep apnea, gout, etc) and not to lose weight. But, curiousity is getting the best of me and I might succumb to that today and go buy a scale.

This morning I had a fried egg, grits, fried bologna and that was a huge mistake. I knew going into it that it was a mistake but I was really hungry since I didn't eat much supper the night before. Anyways, throwing up and sick. Got up and then went back to bed with a sick stomach. Didn't start work until around 9am.

I continue to take my vitamins every day and that has become more or less a routine. I just leave them sitting on my desk and grab one during the date. They are chewable and rasberry flavored, so that makes it easier.

The weight is much lower but I really don't feel like it. I have had several people comment on the weight loss but I am not really feeling like I have lost much weight. My clothes are much bigger but I feel the same. I have noticed that the lower backaches have stopped and I think the sleep apnea is getting better. The gout continues to plague my left knee but I hope eventually that will get better.

No comments: