Wednesday, January 14, 2009

2nd Day After Surgery

Jan 1, Happy New Year!!!

It is a Thursday and I woke up on the second day with a visit from Dr Clements. I was still in a lot of pain, nausea, and feeling like I had the flu. I also had a pulling sensation on my left side when I moved. Anyways, he sent me for a Fluoro scan and a CT scan. The nurse came in and started yelling at me to get into the wheel chair and that I had to go to radiology. I don't respond well to people yelling at me. Needless to say, we didn't hit it off from that point forward. I ended up down in radiology for several hours without my morphine and in a lot of pain. It was absolutely miserable. Anyways, the test all came back ok with no leakage.

Got back to the room and started yelling for my morphine. Got it and slipped back off into magic land for several hours.

I do remember the fever was around 100 degrees for most of this day. A low grade fever makes for a generally miserable time anyways.

They have me on a liquid diet only. Of course, I have no interest in eating anything. They are all pushing me to get out of bed. And, the oxygen thing runs through water and bubbles constantly. At first I did not notice it, but it eventually started to really get on my nerves.

Also, the anesthesia just wasn't wearing off. I have a rough time with that anyways. So, I am generally scattered.

Above all, I want everyone to understand the absolute misery involved in day 2. Everything hurts and you will be very sick at your stomach.

No comments: