Thursday, January 22, 2009

2 Week Follow Up

I had my two week follow up last Friday, the gout is more or less clear. I weigh 248 lbs and have lost about 20 lbs.

My appointment was for 8am. I got there and didn't have to wait very long. Early appointments are the best for getting in and out. Anyways, I am ushered back and in comes the interns. They ask me a bunch of questions and in the middle of the discussion in walks Dr Clements. He basically asked me the same questions and gave me the same advice. This whole process is very scripted and intended to herd everyone in and out like cattle.

He tells me that I can resume a normal diet.

I asked him about B12 and he confirms that I may need to take shots forever. That stinks.

I leave there and am given labs to go draw. So, I go to the lab and have my blood drawn. Then I am out.

Well, I can eat a normal diet but I can't eat a normal diet. A bite or two of anything fills me up immediately. Plus, the process of eating is not a pleasant experience. I hope that it gets better.

My first normal meal was at KFC. A piece of chicken, mashed potatoes, and green beans. I ate two or three bites of everything and was full to the point of being sick. It was not a good experience. I threw most of the food away.

No comments: