Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Reschedule on the Surgery

Decided since the gout was so severe, that the surgery didn't make a lot of sense for next week. But, still due to talk to Dr Clements on Monday. I may change my mind on this decision and continue with the orginal 12/17 date. But, Dr Clements does have a slot on 12/30 and I decided that it might make since to get that slot. So, called Jamie today and told her to go ahead and reserve the 12/30 date.

On a side note, spent the day in the ED with gout. CT Scan and Ultrasound. No pemanent damage and no blood clots, just bad gout. Doc said that I had to go to physical therapy ASAP to prevent my leg from staying permanently in a retracted state. Basically, my left leg is in a "V" shape and hurts a lot. I cannot straighten it, at all. Doc says that the leg might stay like that if I don't get into physical therapy.

Heard a new drug was coming out soon for gout.

No comments: