Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Gastric Bypass is Tomorrow

I did go out last night to Logan's and got an 18 oz Ribeye steak. It was excellent, cooked perfectly.

Today I am starving. Dr Clements mentioned that I could have clear liquids today and broth but I really didn't see the point of that. So, I decided not to eat anything today. I have had a 20 oz sprite and a lot of water. The hunger is overwhelming and I am wondering what I am doing here. Hunger makes you depressed and I am doubting everything.

I had to go out and buy Magnesium Citrate, which is a laxative, from my local CVS and drink a 10 oz bottle. I expect that I will be in the bathroom all night.

At this point, I am starting to dread the whole thing and wish that I didn't have to do this. But, I do not see any other options and am going to do it. I am really starting to get scared and worried.
My step mom had gastric bypass and mentioned to me last night that she was having to take B12 injections for the rest of her life. That was worrisome for me.

But, I am on a glide path now and there is no back out plan.

I did go and get an MRI today on my knee. Just to rule out any problems with the joint. I continue to have a significant amount of pain in that joint and it appears that it is just the gout. That is good, in a way. But, that means that it is the gout and that it is worse than ever. With an injury then they can do surgery and fix it. With the gout, it means that it is more of a chronic disease issue. In other words, not fixable and to just deal with it. I hope that the gastric bypass will help me with the gout.

No comments: