Thursday, March 5, 2009

Appointment on Friday and the Latest

I have my rescheduled appointment with Dr. Clements at Kirklin Clinic on Friday. I am curious about my blood work and how that will turn out. I am also curious about the weight loss. People are really starting to notice that I am losing weight. I have a lot more energy and worked last night until late. I have not had this much energy in a long time.

I continue to struggle with meals and trying to get them down. I am an extremely fast eater and am having to readjust because of the gastric bypass. I throw up at least every other day but that is an improvement. I can eat almost anything now without a problem. Some things I have to just eat slower. Some days I can eat a lot and other days I can't. It just varies. I continue to take the multi but have stopped taking the calcium.

I have found a real treasure and that is Soy Milk. It requires an adjustment in taste but frees me up for one of life's true pleasures, the late night bowl of cereal. Of course, the term bowl is about a 1/4 cup and I used to eat a couple of cups. So, the snack is much smaller but is a treat and makes me feel like I am half way normal. The Soy has calcium and I buy orange juice with added calcium. So, it works for me.

No comments: