Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Gout and Gastric Bypass

I reviewed my recent visits and found a lot of people wanted to know about gout and gastric bypass. I can count on one hand the number of times that I have had a gout attack after my surgery. I also think that I have connected Turkey as one of my gout attack trigger foods. But, the gout is much much better. That is the upside.

Downside, after the surgery you will probably have one of the worst gout attacks that you will ever have. I could not walk or straighten my leg for days. It was absolutely excruciating and went on for an eternity. Once it cleared up, that was it. I went two years without a single attack. I have also been on allupurinol for as long as I can remember.

I think I posted once before, the only relief to my gout pain was to have a steroid injected directly under my knee cap. It was just horrible.

1 comment:

Matthew Wilson said...

If I were you I would never do this... so scary and dangerous operation!