Thursday, July 7, 2011

Nail Problems

I have mentioned several times that my nails have stopped growing and believe that it is because I do not take my calcium on a regular basis. Well, I noticed my toe nails had not only stopped growing but that they were beginning to almost thin and disappear. One was splitting through the center and it is almost as if they are disappearing. They are much thinner and haven't grown in weeks. When I really begin to notice it, I freaked out. I know, I know. I am being stupid, just take your vitamins and I agree. But, I don't do it. But, I promise from this day forward I am going to take the calcium.

I am posting this to let you guys know about my struggles and what I am going through. This blog is here so that people understand what you go through and the struggles that you deal with after gastric bypass.

At some point in the future, I am going to talk about the B12 injections but that is a post for another day.

I also noticed that this blog is getting a TON of visitors now. I am glad that my struggles might help someone one day make the decision on having this surgery. For the new visitors, go back to the beginning of the blog and read the first few posts. It details the struggles that I went through with insurance and then the surgery. Also, discusses the surgeon and the challenges that I had with UAB and the Kirklin Clinic.