Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Dumping Syndrome and New Levi Jeans

Since I have had the gastric bypass, I have had a few issues but one in particular I would like to talk about on this post. You guys have probably heard about Dumping Syndrome. Let me clue you in on the details. It happens when you drink or eat too much sugar. I found out it is particularly bad for me when drinking coke or similar sugar soda. When it happens to me, I feel flush and my face feels really hot. My heart then starts racing and I usually get dizzy. You absolutely have to sit down. You feel sick to your stomach and panic'd at the same time. It is like an extreme panic attack with the nausea. It leaves you feeling weak and overcome with fatigue. It is no fun but you quickly learn how to avoid this just by not eating the offending foods.

I went and bought a couple of pairs of jeans last week. Size 38 and could have bought a 36. I continue to lose weight but at a slower rate.

No comments: