Wednesday, July 14, 2010

It's Been Awhile

Sorry for not communicating with everyone for such a long time. My weight is now 190 lbs.

I am now in a size 34 pants, haven't been there since I was a teenager. Started to the gym last year and I have continued in that for several months. B12 got really low and so I started injections. Not a big fan but no choice on that. Struggling with the vitamins and taking them "most" of the time. Found some gummies in WalMart that are easier to take.

I have problems with severe diarhea and I take immodium daily that seems to stop it. My biggest problem is severe tailbone pain that seems to be typical of GB patients. I also have severe lower back pain that stopped shortly after the surgery and then started again last year. I continue to struggle with sleep apnea and intend to do a sleep study later in the year.

I can now eat normal sized meals with no problem. But, milk and sweets send me over the edge. I have a problem with early morning meals but that goes away after the first meal. If I eat that first meal fast or sometimes without any reason at all, I get sick. Plus, I can't eat a lot early in the morning.

My wife says I have a different personality and I have changed. Not sure. I am slower to anger and my disposition is a lot more mellow. Last week, I went on vacation and was able to climb one of those fake rock walls at the amusement park. I got higher than my 9 year old son. So, I am in good shape now.

Honestly, the whole surgery thing is a distant memory and now I am just living life.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I really appreciate your honest & sraightforward info. I have been contemplating bypass for some time now. I started the process several months ago & ran into insurance probs, which then caused me to 'chicken-out'. I now wish I'd stuck with it. However, I am still nervous about starting the process over. Anyway I read your whole story & it was just what I needed. I know you were hoping your story would help someone & it now has... thanks!

Atlanta Plastic Surgeons said...

Being in good shape will help you achieve many bodily activities unlike before but follow a middle path...don't exert too much and start all of a sudden...let the body accept the changes slowly and gradually.

Dr. Ordon plastic surgeon

Unknown said...

Do not permit all those phentermine online ads hypnotize you, and firstly apply actual stimulating plenty of tips mentioned at this forum and then decide.