Thursday, September 10, 2009

Weight Loss has Stopped and Excess Skin

I am now in month 9 after my gastric bypass and my weight loss has completely stopped. I am right at 200lbs and haven't lost any weight since my last posting. I think that this is probably the weight that I will be at and don't think that I am going to lose anymore. I haven't went back to see Dr Clements at UAB, since my last posting. I need to schedule that appointment but just haven't gotten around to it.

Life has pretty much returned to normal. I can eat most of the things that I used still except milk and extremely sweet things. Like Candy Corn for some reason just sends me over the edge. My stomach feels the same and I can eat a normal amount of food with no problem. I don't have the gagging anymore, that has gone away.

I still take the vitamins. I did find Tony Hawk gummy bears in Wal Mart and I eat four of those a day. I have stopped taking the calcium. I know, I know, it is a mistake. I need to be taking that but jeez, it is hard to keep up with it all. I find myself wanting to eat all of the time but am just unable to eat the quantity. I snack all day long and am hungry all of the time. That is a mistake too but not sure how to break that cycle.

I would do the surgery again and am feeling more and more like it was the right thing.

Went last night to take a photo for an ID that I needed. It was very enlightening, I look completely different. Scary almost.

I have noticed a lot of excess skin and it is not pleasing to the eye! None in my stomach but bad around my groin and under my arms. I know that some people have it much worse than I do. Considered an operation to fix it but decided against that. I don't need more surgery and will just wear clothes that cover it.

Sleep apnea continues to be a problem and do not feel at this point that it is going to be improved. I took my Auto-pap card to the center and had it read. It records my nightly apneas and I have showed some improvement but no where near enough to get off of the machine. So, Ambien every night and sleeping with the mask. I hate that but it is just the way it is.

1 comment:

Matthew Wilson said...

Dear author, don't hurry up! Wait one or two months more and correct your diet! Something tells me, that you now can afford yourself more than usual!